Thursday, April 3, 2008

AIS lesson 21


This is assignment 21 from the Art Instruction School: Arranging your picture. I have been putting this one off for MONTHS which is the advantage and curse of home study programs. Life keeps getting in the way. Anyhoo... the idea was to take a photo composition and to rearrange it so that the small shed is the focus of the drawing. I agonized over this one for months and finally just said "the heck with it" and drew it up. So this is the final work and I'm sending it in today.


I think this is the perfect example of my friction in art: when the artist comes up with every excuse in the book to NOT complete a project. Nevertheless, the deed is done. Hooray for me!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this; I think it's beautifully arranged.

Alan said...

Looks like you got the hang of it.

Anetka said...

nice drawing Mark. I know what you mean with this prolonging and doing everything not to finish the project. But can you finally feel this relief that you can move on to something else and try sth new??? :))
anyway Mark, nice to have you back and great drawings:)))

Anonymous said...

Very well done

Dana S. Whitney said...

Hooray for you, indeed. We could all use extra Hoorays!! I like this.

Margaret Ann said...

I really,really like this Mark. Kudoes! :)

Unknown said...

Mark, I'm currently struggling on this assignment, and find myself bored out of my mind. It doesn't spark my creativity at all. It says "mild deviation" is ok, but I can't seem to get into this assignment. I have too many ideas swirling around, so how do you suggest getting through it?