Friday, March 14, 2008

Moleskin junket



I carry around a small moleskin sketching book in my man bag and got brave enough to do some sketching in front of people. The first sketch was a bunch of warm up followed by an interesting resemblence to a viola case. Voila! or should I say... Viola!




Next, it was time to pick up my boys from school. Some poor mother or caretaker just couldn't resist the chance to snatch a few zzzzzz's. Harmless subject, yes? So I scratched out her likeness before she started to snore or drool. Some lady was sitting next to me and when I finished, she asked me if I drew for a living. I told her that I was a photographer, artist, writer. Should have said that I was DaVinci reincarnated, by why cause trouble when everything was so peaceful?


Until tomorrow (or hasta later)...

3 comments:

Alan said...

Great start....I need to start doing the same. I have only one slight problem, I work from home in my basement office and my interaction most of the time is via electronic means. I don't get out among the humans very often. Perhaps as the Oregon sky dries out a bit, I will carry my new Moleskine with me on my daily walks and take time to stop at the park and people watch.

Margaret Ann said...

Good job with her posture. I have tried this at airports (sketching, that is...well..,maybe a little snoozing,too) but just about the time I get into the sketch the person moves...or worse yet sees me! :) Not a favorite moment...

Leslie said...

Great start! I'm way behind on reading EDM emails and following links. Thanks for the viola chuckle! :)